Saturday, January 9, 2010

TWO Golden Eagles.

Another cold day in heaven - that's what I call our Glorious little Eden on The Lake - but what is this I see out on the ice? Two Bald Eagles sitting on the edge of the ice,(The Lake is still not completely frozen over, there are still some open areas.) They seem to be facing off about something we can't see. Even using the binoculars all we can see are the two Eagles, they appear to be upset with each other so I can only assume that there is maybe a dead fish or something in the water. There is nothing on the ice or in their beaks or talons. I go to look for the bird book to confirm the sighting - Julia wondered if they were Ospreys - but was unable to find it and by the time I got back for another look they had both gone. Just one more exciting moment of life on The Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comments! Go on, I dare you! Talk to me!
Please leave your name, so I know who you are.
David.