Thursday, March 10, 2011

There's a Dinosaur on the end of my pier!

What's that you say? What kind of a Dinosaur? Well a Pterodactyl of course. Specifically it is a Great Blue Pterodactyl - otherwise known nowadays as a Great Blue Heron - but I can assure you that it is in fact a Pterodactyl. If you don't believe me just come down here and watch that monster, a beautiful monster to be sure, but none the less a monster, flying, no flying is too much of a lame word, maybe cruising would be better, no not that either. Soaring? Again no, maybe we don't have any modern words to describe this amazing creature from the past. But it is certainly dramatic as it flies easily, and beautifully, across The Lake, it's huge wings hardly seem to move at all, but when they do it is very lazily, and the tips of the outsize wings almost touch the water with each idle flap. Floating, I think that best describes it's movement, it floats just a foot or so above the water. I particularly love to watch them in the early morning or at sunset. I think it is my favorite bird, oops Pterosaurus I mean, on The Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comments! Go on, I dare you! Talk to me!
Please leave your name, so I know who you are.
David.