Friday, July 31, 2009

Rascal's Big Adventure.

I had trouble sleeping last night. We went to bed at 11.30 and after a half an hour I got up and read for about two hours. I think that I also went out onto the deck. Back in bed I lay for some more hours, I remember watching the clock at 4.00 and 5.00. The next thing I remember is Julia saying, "Oh my God the door is open." I looked up and sure enough the bedroom door out onto the deck was wide open. The time was 7.30. It was windy, I must not have pushed it hard enough to latch and the wind had blown it open. Rascal the cat has not been out since we moved here. For the first 9 months he showed no interest in going out, but lately he has been looking out a lot and if the door is left with just the screen door, he sits by it and smells the air. Well he must have smelled the air this morning and headed straight outside. I searched the house in case he was still in but found no sign of him, I really hadn't expected to because ever since we moved in, wherever Julia is, there is Rascal. Julia was in the bedroom, so it followed Rascal must also have been in the bedroom where he would have smelled the scent of the open road - once a cat, always a cat I guess. So I went outside, closed the door and went looking for him. I found him at the bottom of the steps and when I went to pick him up he bolted up the stairs to the door, which was closed. I approached cautiously, he was looking panicky as I got close but I managed to reach over him and open the door. He shot in and lay down. A Big Day for Rascal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comments! Go on, I dare you! Talk to me!
Please leave your name, so I know who you are.
David.