Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Redwoods.

My Grandson Bradley just spent two weeks in Nevada and California. He reports that he travelled the coast of California.

I am jealous. Route 1 up, and down, the coast of California has got to be one of my favorite roads in the whole world. If not my very favorite.

When he reported that he saw the Coastal Redwoods, I remembered.

It is difficult to describe seeing the Redwoods for the first time, or the second time, or even the third or more times. Just thinking about them now I want to go visit again. Yes it is time for a Redwoods fix.

Some people want a drug fix, I want a California coast road and Redwoods fix!

Seeing, standing next to and touching a Redwood is a very sobering experience. Knowing that that tree was there long before your grandparents and even their grandparents were born, and that it will still be there long after you and all of your grandchildren and their grandchildren are gone seriously humbles you.

In a way they are time travellers.

They are awe inspiring.

They are silence personified.

Their size and stature and color are unbelievable.

I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comments! Go on, I dare you! Talk to me!
Please leave your name, so I know who you are.
David.