Thursday, February 28, 2013

Is it possible?

Is it possible that Spring is almost here? The love of my life - Julia, to those who don't know me - said yesterday from her sick bed, she has a very nasty cold, that the maple trees in our back yard are looking very red as their buds are bursting open. And yes it is true. Today they are even more red and bursting, just one day and they are visibly advanced. My window thermometer tells me that the lowest temperature last night was a balmy 44 degrees! Tomorrow it will be March, so yes I really think that Spring is on the way. But I don't think that I will put away the snow blower, the snow shovel and the buckets of salt and sand that I keep on the porch in case of snow or ice. Not just yet anyway.
But soon, very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comments! Go on, I dare you! Talk to me!
Please leave your name, so I know who you are.
David.