Friday, May 1, 2009

Conservatives/Liberals

I'm reluctant to do this post, and I should take time to think about it and develop it, but I'm not a Conservative, although I am in some ways, we all are. My Conservative genes say "Don't do it", but my Liberal genes tell me "Do it.". Which will win? Bush once said "I'm a Conservative, but I'm not a nut about it." I've always liked that statement, one of the few things I've liked about George. If I think about it more, it implies that he thinks Conservatives, or at least some of them, are nuts!
It seems to me that Conservatives always expect disaster, but on the other hand Liberals always expect Nirvana. They can't both be right, in which case they must both be wrong!
I guess there is just no way to join them/us, "Never the twain shall meet", as someone once said, although I don't think he/she was referring to Conservatives and Liberals. But, if we/they don't meet or come to some understanding or agreement then I'm afraid that I fear for our survival.
Our/their differences are great, but if we don't close those gaps, they will only widen and we all know what happens to walls with cracks in them - they fall.
United we stand, divided we fall, then let us unite, join hands with your brother Conservative/Liberal, try to understand them. It is easy to exaggerate our differences - "Liberals feel unworthy of their possessions. Conservatives think they deserve everything they've stolen.", "We can all be thankful for something, I'm thankful that I'm not a Liberal / Conservative.". Platitudes, smart sayings, but not at all helpful in cementing the cracks in our society.
I think that I have decided not to do this posting, it would be too divisive, the very thing that I am trying to avoid among us all. So I won't do it. Don't read it!

David, Love, XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comments! Go on, I dare you! Talk to me!
Please leave your name, so I know who you are.
David.