Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cancer survival

My daughter is approaching the 20 year survival mark of her battle with Cancer. It began just a couple of days before Christmas 1989 and continued for most of the next year, much of it spent in Johns Hopkins Hospital, an Institution that we are fortunate enough to reside close to. There is no way that I could possibly go into the high's and lows, mostly lows, of that year. The nightmares, pain and tears, live in me even now every day. The pain and suffering that my daughter endured remains with me as one of my recurring nightmares. In fact even now I am starting to lose it, so I'll end this very short Blog with a prayer of thanks for her recovery and her new lease on life - which also gave me a new lease on life, there is no way I could have gone on without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comments! Go on, I dare you! Talk to me!
Please leave your name, so I know who you are.
David.