Saturday, August 1, 2009

Food waste.

We have chickens - so we don't have food waste, they will eat virtually anything except . . Wait we did have some food waste the other day, chickens will not eat anything citric, like oranges, lemons, limes etc. The other day there was a perfectly good looking orange - until I picked it up and turned it over, gross, no way we could eat even a bit of it and I knew the chickens wouldn't touch it. So, on to the compost pile. I guess that counts as waste huh? We also live on the water and as you can't put any meats or fats onto the compost if we EVER do have meat waste that I don't want to give to the chickens, that goes into the crab trap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comments! Go on, I dare you! Talk to me!
Please leave your name, so I know who you are.
David.