This comment is from someone else - unknown - it is completetly non-partisan. It reflects my sentiments exactly, and is written much better than I could put it. I hope you will read it.
This Senior Citizen Nailed it.
Alan Simpson , Senator from Wyoming, called Senior Citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared "Social Security" to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats. August, 2010.
This response is from a Senior Citizen in Montana. He is ticked off and tells it like it is! It is the way he sees it and I have to agree with him.
"Hey Alan, let's get a few things straight.
1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole for FIFTY YEARS.
2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS. since I was 15 years old. I am now 63)
3. My Social Security paymnets, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero ambition losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Securiy into a Ponzi scheme that would have made Bernie Madoff proud.
4. Recently, just like Charlie Brown and Lucy, you and your ilk pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age 67. NOW, you and your shill commision is proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.
5. I and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now you morons propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because you idiots mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal money from Medicare to pay the bills.
6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why?
Because you incompetant bastards spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more money to pay off YOUR debt.
To add insult to injury, you label us as "Greedy" for calling "Bullshit" on your incompetance. Well, Captain Bullshit, I have a few questions for YOU.
1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?
2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayer?
3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?
4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and health care benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or, as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?
It is you, Captain Bullshit, and your political co-conspirators called Congress who are the "greedy" ones. It is you and your fellow nutcases who have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.
And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a bitch.
A couple of notes regarding Congress. Men and women serving in the US Military for 20 years, risking life and limb to keep us safe, get 50% of their pay upon retirement. Politicians, nice and safe in Washington DC, protected by those men and women receive full pay - 100% - after just one term, for the rest of their lives! Does that make sense?
Staffers of Congress' family members are exempt from having to pay back student loans.
Who knew that members of Congress could retire with full pay, for the rest of their lives, after just one term? And that they specifically exempted themselves from many of the laws that they passed, while ordinary citizens have to live under those laws?
The latest flagrant exemption is that they exempted themselves from the Health Care Reform!
Why are these people above many of the Laws of the Land that we have to live under? I don't care if you, or they, are Republican, Democrat, Independent or whatever, how can we put up with an "elite" that have put themselves above the law?
You many have seen this proposal before, it looks like a good and sensible one to me: -
Proposed 28th Amendment to the United Sates Constitution:
"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or the Representatives that does not apply equally to the Citizens of the United States."