Friday, April 17, 2009

Lake diary

Not too much to report today, nothing new happening with the Lake, in fact apart from the Ducks that I saw in a row off the end of the pier this morning and a couple of Canada Geese I have seen hardly any birds today, very unusual. But the day is not over yet. The busiest time of day is usually the morning but there is often a flurry of activity in the evening. we will see. It looks like Sunset Cottage is going to live up to its name today, I am expecting another beautiful Sunset. I wish you could see the sunsets over our Lake.
The other activity is very exciting, at long last our long delayed deck is about to take shape. About a dozen posts went in today and the contractor expects it to be finished in a week or so! We'll believe it when we see it.
Back to the Lake, yes it is setting up to be another awesome Sunset, also the big male Swan is busy chasing off the two Canada Geese. We think the Swans have a nest and the male is busy protecting it. I sure wish we had a Kayak or canoe to explore the Lake, we would probably be able to see the nest and keep an eye on it. it would be nice to observe the baby Cygnets too.
Little piece of info about the Cananda Geese, the name does not mean Canandian Geese, they are not Canadian Geese, even though they do spend time in Canada. I once heard that they were named after a man named Canada! But I don't know if that is true or not. But they are Canada Geese NOT Canadian Geese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comments! Go on, I dare you! Talk to me!
Please leave your name, so I know who you are.
David.